Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Trust and Answered Prayers

There have been three large things that I've prayed for over a long stretch of time, years even. Those three things have been for children and the past year it has changed to asking for these three specific boys to be ours and the adoption to be finalized soon. The second thing has been for a ministry job for Raph. He has felt God's calling on his life to  ministry for quite awhile now and I've been praying that God would open the door and show us where Raph belongs. The third thing has been for our finances. We have struggled financially for a large part of our marriage and I have been praying that God would give us financial favor.
These three things are being answered. It is amazing after years of the same prayers and feeling like giving up, seeing the outcome on the other side. No the adoption is not finalized yet but we are getting closer. Raph has been given a part time youth ministry job at our church which is a dream come true. And our finances are finally getting under control. What a blessing all three of these things have been.
I was thinking on all of this after Raph got the job and how amazing it feels to have prayers answered. My guard started going up. I was praying and I asked "God when is the bottom going to drop out again?" I felt like things were going too good and something had to go wrong soon because God doesn't want us to have the easy life. I felt God speaking to me..."Trust!" I instantly felt rebuked. I knew how the disciples felt on the boat when they woke Jesus up during the storm and He said to them “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?”

God isn't some thing up in the sky waiting to bring destruction on us.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

Matthew 11:28-29 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

There are so many verses on trusting God that I forget. He wants good things for us and I need to remember to rely on that. I am grateful for a God that pulls me through the hard times and reminds me in the good times not to be afraid of what may happen but to rely on him and lean on his goodness.




No comments:

Post a Comment