Sunday, June 15, 2014

A Father

What is a father? Too many men seem to think donating sperm is what makes you a father. It doesn't. Blood has nothing to do with it. Heart does.
This blog is a bragging session on the man that is the father to my children so prepare yourself. My husband is a special kind of man. He didn't feel called to foster right away but his wife did so we did it. He wanted one child at a time but his wife wanted two so we signed on for two. We got three. Did he do this because I "wear the pants?" No, he did it because he loves me and trusts my calling from God.
 I remember having a fear that when the going got tough with our three little men my husband would look at me and say, "you made me do it." The going has been rough many times and I have never heard anything even close to that out of my husband's mouth. In the early days he looked at me with tears in his eyes wondering if he could do it. God knew he could. How I worry for nothing. Our boys are his sons. He will fight for them with all he has. This I know.
My husband is a true "father to the fatherless" and thanks to him and our heavenly Father they are fatherless no more.  He loves our boys with a reckless abandon that melts my heart into a puddle. He wrestles with them, tickles them, plays sports with them, tells them Bible stories, prays with them, and their favorite thing is he plays the guitar for them and sings to them. The list could go on and on. He is a special man with a bigger heart than anyone I have met. Our boys adore their father and so do I. The joy I see in their interaction is a beautiful thing. He challenges me to be a better parent.
To all the fathers out there that are this kind of father to their children....a job well done!


No comments:

Post a Comment