Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Forever

Forever: without ever ending; eternally

Last Monday was a special day. Our three little men became officially ours, forever. The joy of that moment is something I will remember all of my days. Through this whole journey called fostering there have been days I thought our adoption day would never come. These three boys have been "mine" since the day they stepped into our lives. Their personalities fit so well into our lives that it amazes me.

Receiving the official paperwork stating that our kids are OURS is another life moment I will never forget. That just happened today. For as special as the actual court day was and already knowing they're ours, seeing it on paper is still beyond thrilling. Never take your children for granted. Living a year and a half with the fear of having my children taken has forever changed me and looking back I am now grateful for how God has changed my heart. He has shown me grace when I don't deserve it, taught me patience when I didn't want to learn it, and shown me that He has so much more for me than I ever dreamed. I can mark this down as another miracle God has granted us.

James 1:2-8
 My brothers and sisters, when you have many kinds of troubles, you should be full of joy, because you know that these troubles test your faith, and this will give you patience. Let your patience show itself perfectly in what you do. Then you will be perfect and complete and will have everything you need. But if any of you needs wisdom, you should ask God for it. He is generous to everyone and will give you wisdom without criticizing you. But when you ask God, you must believe and not doubt. Anyone who doubts is like a wave in the sea, blown up and down by the wind. 7-8 Such doubters are thinking two different things at the same time, and they cannot decide about anything they do. They should not think they will receive anything from the Lord

Those verses have been my life motto the past year. It has opened parts of my heart that I had closed, brought back hope that I thought was lost, and helped me to hold on to God when I couldn't feel Him anymore. Don't be afraid to dream big and pray for miracles. God is still performing miracles today. I'm not done praying and trusting.

Officially introducing Simon, Liam, and Franklin. Our miracles.





1 comment: