Monday, May 13, 2013

A New Kind of Mothers Day

So I have decided to join the word of blogging. I'm not good with words but I have so many thoughts flying through my head that I decided to give it a go.

Yesterday was my first Mothers Day as a mom. I know Mothers Day is meant to honor moms and all they do for us. I do have one amazing mom that is the most self sacrificing people I have ever known. She does so much for me and is always there for me when I need her and I am forever grateful for that. Then there is my mother-in-law. She is also one amazing woman who is giving and kind and goes out of her way to help people. They have bother challenged me and taught me so much.

Like I said I understand that Mothers Day is made to honor mothers but yesterday it meant something new for me. I remember last year Mothers Day was very rough for me. We had struggled with infertility and were still childless and I desperately wanted to be a mom. Mothers day was a reminder to me that I wasn't and I felt selfish for thinking of myself on a day like that but it was so hard. I will never forget a woman from church coming up to me and telling me she was praying for me and she understands it must be a hard day for me. This simple understanding blessed me beyond compare.

This Mothers Day I got to go to church with my 3 little men and receive roses from them with there bright proud faces and soak in all there is to motherhood. I got hugs and kisses and sticky fingers were all over my face but I love it. I couldn't help but wonder if the other moms around me understood the gift they have been given. I know I probably wouldn't have if I wouldn't have had to fight through infertility, foster classes, and months of waiting for these boys. Motherhood is such a gift. We get to pour love into little people, teach them, and be adored in return. I know being a mom isn't all glitz and glamour and sure is hard when they don't adore us but detest us but it is still one of the most wonderful gifts I have been given.

I don't know how long I will be a mother. That's part of the business of being a foster parent. Next year I could be without my boys and grieving again. But as for this Mothers Day,  I soaked it up and praised God for the beautiful gift he has given me.

1 comment:

  1. happy belated mothers day! :) so very happy you were able to spend this mother's day with your 3 special little men. love you! kristen

    ReplyDelete