Monday, October 21, 2013

Confessions of a Foster Mom

Even though most days I don't feel like a "foster mom" and just feel like a normal mom, some days I'm reminded that my kids may not  be mine forever and the future is not clear. Today is one of those days so I will look at my life and laugh at the crazy that it is and list my confessions.

1. My house is dirty 99.9% of the time. That .1% is usually on Friday afternoons and doesn't last long enough for anyone but me and the kids to see.

2. Youngest one uses his curly hair for a napkin. Do I wash out the food in his hair when I find it? No, I pull it out, smell it, and throw it away. Today it was a rather large piece of cheese after lunch.

3. Oldest one broke our toilet, I'm currently too tired to remember what the back part of the toilet is called but that is what is broke so it can't hold water. I attempted having everyone use the downstairs toilet but that was too much work. So everyone uses the broken toilet and we keep a bucket beside it and after about three or four uses of said toilet I fill the bucket with water and wash down the nasty inside. The bathroom now smells like pee....all. the. time. TMI? We are hillbilly.

4. I take a nap usually 6 out of 7 days out of the week. If I don't take a nap I feel like I might die.

5. I'm still tired all the time.

6. Today for lunch the kids had bologna, cheese, and grapes. The thought of that makes me want to vomit. I'm not a healthy mom.

7. The inside of our van looks like it got hit by a tornado. Toys, clothes, and probably French fries are strewn throughout. I'm not a clean mom. Daughter of clean sister told me my van is messy. Yes, yes it is.

8. Foster classes may be my least favorite thing on Earth.

9. My pride is no longer where it used to be. I used to refuse help and try to do it all on my own. Now any help offered is taken with little or no resistance....unless I'm feeling a rare burst of energy.

10. Oldest and youngest one love to be held like babies. Around naptime you can see me carrying my large "babies" to bed and cradling them. My back does not thank me. Did I mention I have large boys?

11. I wonder what husband thinks I do with my days. The house is usually messy, supper is easy food, and toys are everywhere.

12. Naptime has been in effect for about 15 minutes. I have to stop now because if I don't I may miss my nap. That's not pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment