Wednesday, October 23, 2013

My Desires

Ephesians 6:12 For we are not fighting against flesh and blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in the dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places

I have started a routine. I wake up every morning, do my devotional, say my prayers..."help me to be a better mother, a better wife. Help me have patience today. Take away any hold the past has on my children. Keep my husband safe at work. Help us all to have a good day." There's nothing wrong with that prayer but is that my only prayer?

Yesterday morning I woke up to that routine. Did my devotions, said my prayers, I felt empty afterwards. What was I missing? I clearly felt God speaking to me that I was missing the most important thing. What's the most important part of my life? My husband and kids? Where's God in that list? Punch to the gut. In the midst of trying to be the best mom and wife I could be I forgot to prioritize God at the top of my list. I didn't forget God but I didn't put Him where he belongs. As my #1. Since I stopped helping with the youth group I have let God down. I used to put Him at the center of everything so that I could do my best to do His work and worship Him with my whole life but somewhere along the line I stopped. I was letting Satan's lies in, that my life in this house is more important than God's glory. Ephesians 6:12 was the first verse that popped up after this revelation.

My prayers have changed. I started a new devotional, changed my prayers to include praying for others and most of all praising God. "Lord, help me not to forget!" Let us glorify God and praise Him above all else.

No comments:

Post a Comment