Monday, March 9, 2015

Time Moves On

It's been a long time since I've blogged and this one is for me more than anything. I want to mark the changes and growths I've seen in the boys to look back on. It's amazing how quickly time moves on. It's amazing how much easier life is now than it was even a year ago. The boys have grown so much.
Simon is in the stage of life where he is growing into a boy, no longer any baby left. He loves school and I'm amazed at how quickly he learns and how eager he is to learn. He has turned into such a sweet boy and genuinely loves people. Just the other day he was telling me about a little boy on his bus that has a mommy but no daddy and that made him sad for him. He said he likes kids that don't have moms and dads and wants to be friends with them. His heart! It inspires me.
Liam is still our wild child. His signature scratch marks are on his brothers' cheeks quite frequently. I have learned that I can't expect him to pick up on things the same as his older brother. Such a simple common sense thought but one it took me a long time to get to. Simon hears everything that goes on in the room, which is frustrating on it's own but Liam can tune everything out. I was getting so frustrated because I would talk to him and thought he was purposely disobeying and I've finally realized he actually doesn't hear unless I get his attention, have him look in my face, and speak directly to him. He loves being around people but is definitely the introvert that needs his alone time and enjoys being at home. They are very different boys and I have to learn to see them each for the child of God they are. He is still so sweet at moments. He will randomly come and ask if I want a hug or tell me he wants to cuddle. He will be the heartbreaker.
Frankie is still the funny child. Most of the time I find myself shaking my head and laughing at his antics. He loves to bring his face two inches from mine when he's talking to me and would be held all day if possible. He gets very easily offended when we tell him no and will hang his head and march back to his room or sit and refuse to look at anyone. It really is the cutest thing. Frankie loves people and is constantly asking where we are going today. He still has an obsession with food and I blame that on a growth spurt right now.
I adore my little family and am so excited to see where God will bring us in the next years to come. It is a joy seeing kids grow up and though I am sad at times that the boys' are all no longer "babies" I am also loving this stage of life when they are a little more independent and life is a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment