Thursday, November 21, 2013

The List

It seems that with Thanksgiving coming up the "thankful" lists also come up. Here's my contribution in no particular order.

I'm thankful for
1. a job offered to me by friends when it was most needed
2. a mom that watches the boys with no complaints so I can do this job. (even when it means getting smacked in the face by one of these boys)
3. a husband that is non stop supportive of me even on days when I'm hard to live with, and I know there are a lot of those days.
4. a yearly tradition of an overnight shopping trip with  my mom and sisters, tomorrow night woot woot!!
5. a husband that doesn't complain once that I'm going on this trip
6. boys that give me an endless supply of kisses when it's bedtime and snuggle up to sing bedtime songs with me
7. case workers, even when I get frustrated and have to send numerous e-mails, voicemails, and non stop bugging to get things done. I know this is a hard job and the workload is ridiculous and I'm grateful these people have the hearts to do this work.
8. an overly smart son that tells me I have "sad eyes" when things get rough for me. Little does he know his eyes used to be even more sad.
9. a sensitive son that in the aftermath of a rage filled episode full of scratching me, hitting me, and screaming in my face, is quiet for a long time and looks up at me with those big brown eyes and says "sorry I make you cry mommy." Melt my heart into a puddle
10. a chubby little hand that loves to stick his sticky fingers in my mouth for me to "eat him"
11. brothers that, even though they fight, love each other and would defend each other to the end
12. bio parents, even through the frustration of the pain they have caused my kids, they are the reason I have the children in my house and I pray they find peace with God
13. a supportive community and friends, I have lost count of all the things people have done for us....meals, bags full of food, clothes, money, toys, most recently a four wheeler, baby-sitting, stopping in to watch the boys so I can take a bath. 9 months later we are still receiving from our community. We have been blessed beyond compare
14. family, how amazing is it to have family on both sides that we have no worries that they will accept our children with no thought of race, blood line, or actions. Our kids are their family. If only everyone was that blessed
15. a husband that I love even more now than over five years ago when I married him
16. infertility, without it I would not have the family I have today
17. tears, the sweet release of happiness, sadness, and frustration all comes out in tears for me
18. the Bible, how often have verses popped in my head when I most need them?
19. laughter, brought to me by three little goofballs, my giant husband, and so many others
20. and last and most of all my heavenly Father, how I lean on Him

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Gina. These words give light to my heart! And just so you know that WE know that when it comes to #3 -- well, let's just say THAT road runs both ways.

    Love you, girlie -- and next week at this time, Lord Willing, there is going to be some Yutzy Family togetherness! Can't wait to see the Ohio part of the Delaware Yutzy family again!

    ReplyDelete